• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hello, I am new to this forum. Diagnosed with UC in 1993. Been on everything.
Steroids no longer work. Currently on Remicade and been on it for a year so UC been in remission for past year. (yay) Was treating 100% all naturally but went through bad divorce. I believe the Stressed triggered by last flare. Ended up hospitalized last december for 12 days and that's where they finally gave me remeicade. I hate being on it, even though I do great with it. I feel medicine is poison with a positive side effect. But my dr scared me enough with the cancer numbers if I get off so oh well. I eat Gluten Free, No sodas, very low carb, and Juice a lot along with taking It Works Greens, Omegas, and many other supplements to try and alkalize and supplement my body. I am killing my immune system every 8 weeks so it all helps a lot.

I am a proud mama of 4 and just got remarried to a wonderful hubby who always goes with me to my infusions and takes care of my after because they make me very weak. Overall doing well on Remicade. Just worry it will one day stop working.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. While I understand you would prefer not to be on Remicade, I am so glad that it is working well for you :) I'm sure having a wonderful husband makes a big difference as well.

Again, welcome :)