• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hello! I am new to this forum. I have joined because I need people who get me and my health! I have had GI issues all my life and it really revved up in my 20's. Was told many things like "it's your gallbladder", "your just constipated" to you have Fibromyalgia. They even thought at one point I had Lupus. At 42 I finally had a Dr. that listened to me and said she was not giving up until we had it figured out. One and a half years after rigorous testing and crazy diets, we figured it out.
Fast forward to almost 4 years later, I have been placed in "remission" for a year and a half now. I say "remission" loosely as I still have mild flares and my inflammation in my joints still rear its ugly head. Weather also seems to play a big part, extreme temps either way. I just do not have active granulomas, ulcers, and long episodes of not being able to leave my home.
I have had a very stressful career for the past 23 years and have made a career change in hopes this too, will assist in managing my God forsaking disease. However, it is because of my disease and how hard it was to get diagnosed and the lack of compassion with some of my Doctors, or just simply not listening to me, I chose to enter into the medical field.
I am a caregiver/helper by nature and need that type of work to feed my soul but working in mental health/special ed just it too much.
I would like to think my family understands but I think it is difficult as this disease is hidden, with the exception of active major flares. I can be active one day and take on the world but the next be so drained and it is difficult to even get out of bed. So that is why I have chosen to come here, to be with others like me so I know I am not out of my mind.
I look forward to getting to know many of you and hearing/reading your stories as well. Thanks for letting me come aboard and we will chat some more, I am sure of it. :)

scottsma

Hello Goldie and welcome.you've come to the right place for support,advice,friendship and people who will listen to you and understand.Nothing is taboo,we've heard it all and we've all been there at sometime or another.

Thanks cmack. I am sure this will be a wonderful, safe place. A place to talk with others going through similar issues, as we all know this disease presents itself differently to all of us.

Thanks scottsma. It will be nice to talk with others. I may have been through a lot, however, I know there are others who have much worse experiences. I think I am pretty fortunate.

scottsma

Thanks scottsma. It will be nice to talk with others. I may have been through a lot, however, I know there are others who have much worse experiences. I think I am pretty fortunate.
I also think that I am fortunate as crohns has been easily managed in the twelve years since being diagnosed.So far. But we all have those bad days.I hope you're having a GOOD day today.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Goldie and Gravitypilot... welcome to the group. The support and friendship you get here is amazing. Such a wonderful group of people who really do care and empathise with each other. Hope we can be of help to you both. Best wishes 💕

Lynda Lynda

Hi Goldie and welcome to the forum. 🌻
I am so sorry that you had to struggle so long before getting a diagnosis.
The support groups and threads here are great.
💕

I grew up in Minneapolis !

fuzzy butterfly

Welcome medicated warrior. I hope we can be of help and support to you..sorry for your need to be here but we are a great group. Look forward to getting to know you. Take care and best wishes 💕

Thanks everyone! Things have been pretty busy around here with ending one job and starting my internship. Hoping the stress of it all does not spark things up and cause a flare. Fingers crossed. Things are going wonderful at the internship thus far!! 😉😆

fuzzy butterfly

Goldie hope all goes really well for you and with no flares. Best of luck with the internship. Hope that you continue to enjoy it ☺💕

cmack

Staff member
Thanks everyone! Things have been pretty busy around here with ending one job and starting my internship. Hoping the stress of it all does not spark things up and cause a flare. Fingers crossed. Things are going wonderful at the internship thus far!! 😉😆
I hope everything goes great for you, take good care. :)