• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Helloo from croatia

Hello everyone, my name is Marina and I'm from Croatia, i have Crohn disease for 10 years, and i was reading forums related to illness I came across this forum. I am most interested in what kind of treatment for this disease is provided in America and elsewhere in the world. I became ill when I was 14 years old. In that time in my country, very little was known about Crohn disease, and treatment was limited.Unfortunately health care in my country is not so developed, and therefore therapies are not widely available. In the 10 years I've gone through a lot of sickness and I know that this disease is fickle and that the main points of stress and the way you live. I also learned that alternative medicine is sometimes helpfull. When i was 14 years old I ended up in hospital for the first time because of severe anemia (blood tests were very bad), then I was in the hospital for various tests and after three months, finally found a diagnosis. I got therapy Imuran, Salofalk and continued to live normally with occasional problems.I went away to school and tried to live a normal life. The first activation occurred to me a year later when I ended up doing the surgery.Worked my appendix and fistulas were created by me and were gone. Unfortunately two weeks later because of water left in the abdomen during the first surgery worsened my condition. I urgently taken to the hospital, where I made ​​an urgent operation on which we cut off 15 cm of the colon and 30 cm of the small intestine. I was sent to the recovery with a new drug, I introduced to the basic corticosteroid therapy.

After I stopped drinking corticosteroid therapy I continue drinking therapy prescribed to me as usuall. When I turned 18a years I alone stopped taking those pills, and my blood work has improved Chron calmed down and I got into remission. Of course, besides that, I became interested in alternative medicine. I started drinking probiotics, went to therapy for bioenergy Domančić. Long story short, my situation is drastically improved, doctors could not believe it. 4 years I was very well without any problems. I felt like a healthy person, I was careful to diet, exercise, and kicked stress. But however it happened that after 4 years I was too relaxed and thought that no matter what my body can withstand the strain. I started doing too much work to little sleep, ate really bad and all that bounced me back.I got bacterial sepsis, which destroyed my immune system and abdomen . Somehow I managed to recover after a year, but no matter what I still feel the consequences of all.

From then until now I'm struggling with inflammation. I came from hospital two months ago, I have another activation of disease. I am now again on corticosteroid therapy. It is heavily for me to drink this therapy becuose I have hernia on my stomac, and sometimes it hurts me. My doctor recomendem me that in two month when I stop drink corticosteroid therapy I go to barocomora. It is obviously that this basic therapy is not working for me. So this is my story, maybe you reed maybe you not, in the end all I want to now is how is life of other patients in other countries. I hope to hear you. And I am sory for my english. I try my best !!!

Hello,

I've not been on here for a while to be honest.

I was diagnosed with crohns this time last year after surgery. Since then I've been on Azathioprine and infliximab. Infusions and to be fair I feel the best I have in years x

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello and Welcome!
I wanted to know more about your hernia. Is it in the same spot as your incision? I have had 14 surgeries on my abdomen all together and 12 of them were in attempt to fix an reccuring hernia that I have. I got the hernia from a resection surgery I had in 2008. I saw that you mentioned that its painful. Do you wear anything around it? I don't know what kind of medical supplies you have access to in Croatia, but wearing an abdominal binder really helps and it can also prevent the hernia from getting worse. If you don't have access to getting an abdominal binder you could also find a corset or something similar that is tight and supportive around your abdomen. Are you planning on getting the hernia fixed?

Last edited:

SarahBear

Hi, Marina! Welcome to the forum!

Afidz has probably already given you the best advice you could receive on this subject. She has a lot of experience with these things. :p

For your question about treatments, check out the Treatment forum. It has subforums on the commonly used medications for Crohn's. You can also look them up in the forum wiki. Typically, a course of steroids is used to reduce inflammation. A maintenance medication such as 6-MP, Humira, Remicade, methotrexate, etc. is introduced with the steroids or shortly after they're began. Surgery is usually used as a last resort. A lot of people also try diets to control the disease. That's just a basic crash course though; a lot of forum members have gone through different methods of treatment. It sounds like that's about how you were treated.

I hope things go well for you. :)

You guys I'm sorry I did not crop up, and I was not well and started the festive period and a little crazy. Thanks for your advice as far as the hernia, I'm glad I was at least someone answered. Thank you again and best regards to all, I hope that you will all be good. hear the greeting to everyone.