• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help from anyone

Hello Everyone,
My name is Kelley. I have had Crohns for 4 years. Nothing is working. Latest flare was friday 1/16/14. Needed pain management to ER I went. Treated pretty badly. I am so tired. I have no idea of what to to.

There are a lot of people here that can offer advice for your consideration as well as a level of understanding about what you're going through. I'm sorry you're frustrated and in pain, I know how challenging Crohn's can be sometimes.

Can you share any details of your condition? What treatment and medication you've undergone and how successful it was?

I know it's tough having to go to the ER but sometimes that's the best thing for you, treatment from the hospital professionals to help get the pain under control when it gets to a certain point. Try not to let the pain and frustration drain you - there are plenty of folks here that care and want to help!

I am in the same boat as you Kelly. I have had Crohn's for 7 years now and am just NOW starting medication for the first time. Thought I could control on my own. However, I have poor willpower. =)

Started Prednisone 4 days ago. Helps somewhat.. still have pain. ER visits are always pointless. They say.. you have inflammation. Oh REALLY??! and they give you pain meds. woopdee doo.

What are you going to do?