• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help getting medication

Due to being sick all the time I had to go to part-time at my job recently. Because of this I've lost my health insurance through work. I'm trying to get on state Medicaid, but I've been denied once and I'm waiting to hear back from them again.
My GI wants me on Humira. He's wanted me on it for a couple months but I've never been able to afford it. While I had health insurance, my prescription part only covered 50%, therefor it would have cost me over $1000 a month for it. At the time my case worker at the hospital said I couldn't get help through the pharmaceutical company because they wouldn't help me since I had insurance. Now I don't have it but I don't know where to start to try to get the pharmaceutical company to help. I don't want to go through my GI office if I don't have to because his nurse is SLOW! and she will takes weeks and weeks to get it done. (It usually takes her almost a week to return my phone calls, and most of the time I just have to call and call her until she answers.)
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!