• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help! I am 3 weeks post op and I am still very nauseated and can\t eat...

This is my first time writing here so bear with me...first of all let me tell you a little about my disease. I was diagnosed with crohns disease in 1996. I am currently taking entocort, azathioprine, calcium supplements and vit d. I have had 3 surgeries. A right hemicolectomy in 1996. a bowel resection in 2004 and my latest, a bowel resection three weeks ago. My latest surgery was done to repair a twist in my bowel that happened over time from scar tissue. My problem is that I can't get my appetite back and there are times when I am very sick with vomiting and diarrhea.I was sick yesterday and my daughter carried me to a local clinic where I passed out 3 times from severe dehydration...they gave me iv fluids and some iv gravol and sent me home. I have contacted the surgeon who wants me to travel in to his clinic on Thursday to be seen (about80 km) but I am so worried and was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so what caused it. I would be very grateful for any advice

nogutsnoglory

Everyone recovers differently but you should only be getting better and gaining appetite. I'm glad you are going to see the surgeon for a followup. Please keep us posted.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Sorry for the late reply janey27. How are you doing now? How did your appointment go? Your symptoms sound like an obstruction and I'm surprised that clinic didn't do any tests or send you somewhere to have tests done. Let us know how you're doing and what the surgeon said. Hopefully you didn't have to have another surgery. :(