• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help! Just diagnosed with hiatal hernia and bile gastritis!

Hello everyone,

I could really use some help. A few weeks ago I had such bad chest and stomach pain that I had to be taken to the emergency room by ambulance two days in a row. The doctors told me that it was anxiety, gave me some Benadryl to make me go to sleep, and sent me home. A week later, I had a colonoscopy and upper GI. It showed that my ulcerative colitis had cleared up thanks to Remicade(yaaaay!!!) but my upper GI was not so good. The doctor told me that I have a hiatal hernia as well as bile gastritis. He then put me on Sucralfate 1GM tablets. I take these before each meal and at bedtime. But it has done nothing!!! Every doctor I go to doesn't seem to know what to do with me. I am having severe symptoms of Fibromyalgia as well. It often feels like there is a terrorist group in my bones trying to break them. I'm in so much pain and I don't know what to do. Please please help if you have any advice with any of these conditions. I am going to an urgent care center as soon as my mom picks me up to drive me. What do I do?! :sign0085:

David

Co-Founder
I'm so sorry you're having so much pain. Out of curiosity, have you had your vitamin D level tested and have you tried supplementing magnesium?

As for the hiatal hernia, have they proposed fixing it?

Catherine

Havd you tried removing gluten and lactose to help with the reflux?

I have chronic gastritis and reflux. I have no idea why this diet change works for some people.