• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help normal test result !!

help normal test result !!

i have posted this in the other forum too
well i have got the results of my small bowel enema , all normal even though the test hurt like hell and the radiographers seamed to be discussing what ' that ' was on the screen and even had a deeper look , dont get me wrong im happy nothing major is going on but was still kinda hopeing something was there so they could treat the pain , ??:well:

so far i have had a small bowel enema and large bowel enema , the large bowel showed abnormalities but not of any significance !! the smal bowel normal ??

what i gues im asking is ... is the the end if the road ?? what other tests can be done ?? has anyone else had normal results then had a diagnosis of something ?

soo desperate to be able to eat without pain and be pain and toilet problem free !! :(

I know how you feel, I had a colonoscopy last month that was all clear but I'm still in pain and in the bathroom 5-6 times a day with (mostly) diarhea. I wish I knew what to say, but I'm continuing to get the process dragged out without any answers other than 'let's see in few weeks'. Hang tough, you'll get an anwswer eventually.

its just so annoying , my bloods show anemia and borderline inflamation and low protien levels so gp thinks its more than ibs (so do i now !!) but im soo happy there are no surgery looking things there ( in Hull, England bowel surgery is not soo good lol ) but the fact nothing at all showed up considering the seamed to hit the spot during the proceedure was a suprise , but like you say back to the drawing board, how long have you been going through this ?? xx

I've was diagnosed just short of five years ago, but have been have been feeling the effects of my most recent flare for the past five or six months.

I've been undiagnosed since 2007, and have had a ton of testing done (4 colonscopies, 2 endoscopies, pill cam, CT scans, Octreo Scans). There are definitely a bunch of tests that can be done, but eventually that will wear you out. I'm getting closer to a diagnosis, and oddly enough, its because I've recently broke out into a rash all over my body. The dermotologist let me know that she only sees this type of rash on people with autoimmune disorders, which would point to Crohn's. So, now I'm in a position where I might be getting closer to a diagnosis, but not through a GI, through a dermotologist!

So, short of the long, even though tests come back "normal" they really may not be!

Hope you start to feel better really soon! And keep pushing for answers and advocating for yourself!

The capsule endoscopy (pill cam) was the only test which finally showed up my active Crohn's.I got it done after i was fobbed off with IBS.I'd been diagnosed with Crohn's 11 years before this.I've had resection,nearly all the drugs.IMO the arrogant consultant just wanted me out of his clinic.Colonoscopy,barium etc never showed how aggressive the illness was.I'm convinced he thought i was nuts - the pill cam told me what i knew was going on in MY body.
Hope you get yourself on the road to better health.

Sometimes I feel that way too...as if people think I'm crazy and they just want to "get rid of me."

I've found that I just have to keep pushing in order to get a real diagnosis. Something has to be causing all of this!!!!

I went through a barium enima, colonoscopy, 2 barium swallows before I was finally diagnosed with a CT scan. Unfortunately, some doctors have to be pushed. Please do not just accept that "nothing" is wrong, because you know your body better than any doctor. Start pushing your doctor to send you for other tests that you have yet to go through. Good luck!

My son had colonscopy,small bowel barium meal, mri scan all showed nothing, but his blood tests where abnormal, the only test that diagnosed his crohns was a pill cam, would be worth trying to get a pill cam done! Good luck!

thanks i have asked about pill cam but it appears its not widely used in the uk ( or Hull nhs dont want to more like it !!! ) thanks all , hope xmas and new years was good for u all x