• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

HELP PLEASE ... not sure if anal fissure or hemmoroid or fistula!?!?

So, I've been in intense pain whenever I've had a BM in the last week or two... I've had anal fissures before that have gone away (pre-Crohn's diagnosis) but I'm wondering if this one is more sinister?
My butt hurts all day after a BM, and the pain only subsides if I haven't taken a poop in a while... and then I have to go again and the cycle starts anew :'(. So I took a look down there with a mirror, and there is like a pea sized skin-tag thing extended from my anus. That doesn't hurt, but there is a CUT taken out of the side, in the fold!! Like a small slit... being an open wound and all, it hurts like a b***h.

My question is, how do I know if this is a fistula, a fissure, or a hemmoroid PLUS one of the former??? Help plz...

theOcean

If the cut is draining, it would be an abscess/possible fistula, but otherwise that sounds like a fissure. The pain that you're experiencing sounds like a fistula, though...

Either way, I would recommend going to the doctor to get it checked out. If it's an abscess/fistula, they'll send you to the hospital to get it drained and treated appropriately.

I had a similar thing... Extreme pain after a BM And the further the day went on, the better I felt and then came another BM the next day and the cycle started over. I too have to pea size bump and my surgeon has told me that the bump is there because of the fissure. It was misdiagnosed as a hemmerhoid for about 4 months which made my fissure turn into a fistula and eventually causing me to need 3 setons. I would go to a CRS as opposed to a GI as they are more trained in diagnosing these types of things.