• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help with fatique and ongoing infections

Hello,

I am a daughter of a Crohn's patient. My mom has been diagnosed this past year with severe Crohn's. She is awaiting to start her first infusion of Remicade. In the meantime, she continues to get infections that are prolonging the appointment. She is suffering from severe fatigue, malnutrion. She is currently on azathioprine, canasa. We went Monday for blood work to test for anemia,etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

One thing that might help is b12/iron in some form. You might ask her doctor about either iron or b12. I am sorry she has this disease. I hope she can get on the Remicade soon. Best wishes .

What type of infections is your mother getting?

I'm curious because I'm also waiting to start Humira but have a C. Diff infection that I'm trying to get over. Antibiotics don't seem to be helping but I'll get tested again at the end of the week.

Dan

She got a staph infection on her torso, had to go two rounds of different antibiotics. Now has an infection in her eyes/ ulcers right after this last round for the staph. This has postponed the remicade now x 3 weeks.