• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help with feedback please

I got diagnosed in 2008 with ileumCrohn's. It has been a tough ride since. Some days the inflammation is so bad all I want to do is sleep. Other days I feel great. What bothers me most though is the itching on my arms and stomach that I notice keep coming up when I have inflammation. It is frustrating. Is this related to the Crohn's or should I be looking at something else.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. I suspect that the itching may actually be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency. Have they done blood work to test if you have iron deficiency anemia, have they checked your vitamin B12 level, and have they tested your magnesium levels? Those are common deficiencies in people with Crohn's and each can lead to the symptoms you describe.

Thank you for your reply. I will follow up. This is the first time I've talked with others who understand. I also noticed my inflammation has been getting worse over the past 3 months with inflammation now noticeable from the top of my stomach under the breastbone all the way down. People who know me notice it and actually get shocked at the difference from one day to the next. And the feeling of nausea won't go away...as you can see I am really distressed at present but am trying to cope and deal with it....:)