• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hemorrhoids

Kyle.h

Kyle
Hello!

The title says it all.

Pesky hemorrhoids, I've had them since before I was diagnosed and I've had them for three years now. I've tried all sorts and nothing works.

Has anyone has any success treating them?

Proceed with caution is my advice. I developed what I assumed was piles when pregnant, saw doctor who planned surgery but the funding didn’t come through. Later had a colonoscopy with the gastro doc for Crohn’s and she said not piles, Crohn’s skin tags, look very similar but surgical removal often leads to poor healing and lots of problems.

So just be careful if tempted to do something more robust than creams.

Kyle.h

Kyle
Thanks for the feedback!

Not planning to do anything more drastic. When I had resection the surgeon advised me not to do anything about it as it could cause crohn's issues.

Lady Organic

Staff member
I once had an H that lasted about a year. Annoying, but not painful. I tried sitz bath and different creams including prescribed cortisone ones (to be inserted), as mine was like semi-internal. It just eventually went away mostly on its own. Hopefully, yours will resume soon!