• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Here at last

I say that(Here at last) because I have been having flare ups since the 1980's and was just diagnosed. It is so good to know what is wrong and to have support. I am not alone anymore.
I was hospitalized for five days in Nov., this is my second time to be hospitalized and just got a diagnoses of Colitis. I was not put on any meds for it and live in fear of it coming back. The antibiotics racked havoc on me, and I don't want to go through that again. I started to take aloe-vera whole leaf today. I was also reading that turmeric was good for inflammation. Has anyone used it? Can you tell me how it is supposed to be used and can it be used with aloe? :ghug:

Hello,
My husband has been told he has Crohn's & been hospitalized this year also with nothing but antibiotics.
I started researching & found out that turmeric might be useful supplement until he was given a definite diagnosis.
He takes 5 ml twice a day (liquid) mixed with cabbage & apple juice. He also suffers with mouth ulcers & abscesses. He finds the combination seems to alleviate some of the pain. He also drinks coconut water, although I have read of it not agreeing with some people.
He recently had a colonoscopy & he was told there was just one small patch of non specific inflammation. We are waiting on the results.
So we have pretty much been controlling it with supplements for the past 6 months. Other than abscesses & ulcers (not nice) the stomach seems ok.
There are many clued up individuals on this forum who will no doubt be able to offer plenty of help.
All the best.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community.

When you say, "Colitis" do you know if it is Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, or some other form of Colitis? The differentiation is very important.

I wish you well.

David, that is all I was told, because of the inflammation and bleeding they couldn't do a colonoscopy, but they did a ct scan and said they didn't see any ulcers. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing at this time.

David, I haven't had anything done except lab test for my potassium.
I am now having the pain in my lower belly again. I had to stop taking the turmeric it caused acid reflux , so I am drinking the aloe Vera now. I have a feeling I need to have a colonoscopy.