• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Here we go again

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
here we go again

Well here I am again with gut pain, running to the loo and everything hurts from head to toe. Can hardly type my fingers are so stiff and sore.

Gastro nurse says my consultant wants to re scope and do another barium follow through which I fought for about 6wks as last time the scope was very very painful to say the least and the barium stuck in my gut for 4 days before it moved.

Have finally agreed to both and am waiting. The reason they want to repeat both is I am still having problems despite the remicade and seem to be on a roundabout of sliding a couple of weeks at least before the next one is due. They cant decide whether to put me on metho or not and want a rheumatology review to see what he thinks so my GP has put that through - sigh yet more ruddy poking and prodding. They also said if things look good then they might reduce the remicade - which scares me stiff because I am still having problems!

My cons came to where I work a couple of weeks back to see a patient I had who had gastric bleed. He just looked at me and said "so this is what you do?" I get the feeling he will have things to say in clinic! HELP lol

Am back on my elemental totally again and not eating at all. Back at work tomorrow and have a heavy week coming up between now and my remicade with only saturday off next weekend as I am either working or teaching. To round it all off I have my interview for promotion the day after my remicade when I usually need to rest.

Have I got MUG printed across my forehead or is it I just love taking the scenic route for everything? :ylol2:

Anyway, just wanted to say I am still about and have been reading but not up to posting much for the above reasons. Feel free to put me down now anyone - at least will stop whinging then! :ybatty:

Hope you are all doing ok overall.

Best of wishes Soup, I am all too familiar with the promises broken by modern medicine (I know that's very cynical), as I've had about 10 incidents since this 9 month flare started that I was to "be all better" only to either see nothing or even get worse. If I do ever improve, oddly enough it's at a random junction where nothing was changed it seems, or there's too many changes to account for the responsible one. What about a higher dose of Remi Soup? That's what is next on my agenda as the 5mg/Kg isn't cutting it.

aw big hugs, jan. so sorry to hear you're going through this. cant you take some sick time off work for a while, to give yourself a break from at least one pressure?

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Thanks guys, just helps knowing someone else knows what I am raving about.

Have had to come home from work as feeling so c***. No point ringing GP as he cant do anything. Have mailed gastro nurse last night but she hasnt answered yet.

Just feel drained, nauseous, pounding head, clammy etc etc. Lord I hate giving in to this thing!

Just want to lie down and curl up in my corner right now so am off to do that.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts it means alot.