• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Here We Go Again...

I was diagnosed in 1995 with Crohn's. Had an emergency intestinal resection at that time. Another resection in 2004, & was told that I also had Celiac Disease. As soon as I removed gluten & wheat from my diet, my life changed drastically. Arthritic hand pain, fistula, & stomach distress went away. I have gone 9 yrs with no meds, & no bad problems with Crohns's. I had almost decided that I didn't really have Crohn's, & then I got really sick at the 1st part of September. After a CT scan, the results showed that I had major damage in my small intestine, & not much was going thru from all of the narrowing. They put me on prednisone, & did another CT scan in 1 1/2 mos, & all of the damage had healed! Looks like I may be joining the Humira Club. My GI Dr does not want me to get clear off the steroids before I start Humira. He says that they are afraid that the damage might come back again & send me right into surgery. I've had some bad allergic reactions to meds & contrast dye, so I'm a BIG chicken to try any new ones. Thanks everyone for all of the info that you've shared about Humira.

nogutsnoglory

Feel free to respond to any threads of interest or start your own. Many here are on or were on Humira at some point (myself included) and we'd be happy to try to help with any concerns.