• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey

Hey guys. I just joined this forum. I haven't had the easiest life, and Chrons, Ulcerative Colitis, acid reflux, and Osteoperosis don't make anything better.

I was diagnossed with Chrons last Janurary. I had symptons for a while before that, but at that time, my parents started to notice I wasn't gaining any weight like a normal 11 year old would. I was actually losing weight. I dropped to around 55 lbs, and our GI doctor found that I had chrons and UC. I was on 40mg of predinsone, and pentasa 3 times a day, and prevacid 3 times a day. As of now, I've been in remission ever since I started Humira. I still take my Pentasa and Prevacid, but we spent all my health insurance money, so I'm not able to take as much I'd like. We found out ordering medicine from Canada is much cheaper, and we just do that. I am now completely off of prednisone for a while, and I take Humira every other week.

I think I can help this community.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: We're glad you found us. There's a Humira club thread somewhere around here. I'm sure they'd love to have another member. Just search the treatment threads.

I was diagnosed last year when I was 11. I'm 12, and soon to be 13.

Yeah, I have/had severe Chrons and UC. Ever since Humira I have felt good. My GI is going to ween me off again soon, and I can't wait until I'm off it completely. Lately my arms have been hurting worse from the shots.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Jewlz, welcome to the forum, I am sorry you have to deal with these's diseases at such a young age, I have Crohns and my sister has both Crohns and UC, she doesnt get much pain but has a lot of bleeding. I dont bleed but get alot of pain whenever I do flare. That is great that Humira is working. Humira has a site and you can get your meds covered, not sure how it works but some people have done it that way. I dont have acid reflux but close I have a Hiatus Hernia, my belief for me is having all those steroids because I have had them on and off for 20 years. Does any one in your family have any form of IBD? I know it is hard but your diet will have to change and being young, that is hard. Try Ensure (I like strawberry) and it helps to put in the goodness in your system without dairy or causing pain. So glad you are here, everyone here is very helpful, we all feel your pain.

:welcome: to the forum Jewlz. Glad to hear you're in remission right now. Hopefully it keeps up for you. Such a young age to have to deal with this disease.

Welcome to the forum I am fairly new myself and have found this site to be really helpful and the people on hear are a great support welcome!!