• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi all, new to the site, crohns for 17yrs

Hi
I've just joined this site
I've had crohns for 17yrs after having surgery to remove a section of colon.
I've pretty well not really had any major worries and have never been on medication for this condition.
2yrs ago I had a cyst appear on my buttock which seems to grow, burst and release its contents, heal up,return etc etc.
With that. Occasionally I get lumps appear under the skin around this location, which get hard and very painful, then shrink after antibiotics then return etc etc.
After 2yrs, a couple of ultrasound scans, 2 MRI scans and a colonoscopy, I'm still waiting for a doctor to tell me what the problem is??
I'm sure someone here may have had this??
Any thoughts welcome (positive preferred) please
Thanks
Gaz

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm glad to hear that you've been doing all right for the most part. I encourage you to look around the forum. Right now, it looks like a good place to see might be our surgery section. Also, a bunch of us meet in the chat room as well. I'm hoping to see you around! Take care!

www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear of all you have gone through lately with your CD.

It sounds like the Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses forum(<--click here) may be something you may want to browse through.

The most common type of abscess is a perianal abscess. This often appears as a painful boil-like swelling near the anus. It may be red in color and warm to the touch.
Fistulas are abnormal passages (that start as an abscess) that can open between parts of the intestines, the intestines and the skin (most commonly around the anus), or the intestines and other area of the body such as the vagina or bladder. Over time, approximately 18% - 50% of patients with Crohn's Disease will develop a fistula [1] [2] [3]. They are not commonly seen in Ulcerative Colitis and other forms of IBD. The terminal ileum is the most common location for fistula to form. Some fistula can be completely Asymptomatic whereas others can create major complications.
I hope you are able to find relief and answers soon.