• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi and new here

Hi iam new to this and for starts I have had Crohn's disease for 7 years and I have had a bowel resection and I never get a break from the disease longest remission I've had was 4 months this is depressing, miserable, and stressfull anymore almost always in pain recently my joints have been swelling bad iam on remicade but it lasted a week and my joints r swelling up again and I am waiting on seeing a rumotoligist at the end of July which is not helping now and dose anyone know best ways of getting joint swelling pains to go down would I

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I'm not sure that I have any good answers for you. This is a great forum, I'm sure someone will be along who can help.

Thanks and I hope so I been taking anti inflammatory stuff and trying everything I can to take care of this pain its in my thumb and part of my hand it hurts but its some what manageable

welcome to the forum.
My daughter just started an anti inflammatory diet. It is only for a month but it will hopefully help her. She is starting to flare... and we took her off of all pharmaceuticals except for a cortifoam.

It is an extreme diet, but it is recommended by a natural path.
We are very hopeful.

she is also giving her supplements, and her own "remedy" she made up for her.

hope you find what works for you.

I never heard of myoflex but I am gna look into it later today and ur daughter has had a lot more meds then I have had well I hope her new path helps her and thanks and I hope I find something that can work I had 1 full week pain free but Monday started the joint swelling again and my next treatment ain't for 4 weeks and I feel that remicade ain't helping me anymore