• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everybody! My short story

Hi all, I'm from France, I'm not a native English speaker and I am going to try to tell my story without mistakes :ylol:
I come here because there are good informations about crohn's disease (I couln't find many things in French web site.)

I am 23 years old and I have a Crohn's about eleven years.
The crohn's disease was so difficult when I was a boy (before my 19 years old), I couldn't do anythink because I was ill everyday (and everytime) and I knew long hours in my bed. My nutrition and my life were so bad. I think many of you know this situation. :smile:

THEN, I have been operated three years ago (ablation of 30 centimers of intestine). After that, I find hope, I try to live a little, I think this is importante. I read a lot of articles and messages that helped me to improve my condition ( nutrition and mental).

If I have a message, keep hope, keep the faith and doors will open.

Hi Zak! You sound so positive, what a refreshing post. It sounds like you have had success with your Crohn's management. What have you found, nutrition wise, that works well for you?

Welcome and thank you for sharing your story and giving us all a lovely message of hope. I'm glad you came to this forum, I have found it to be very helpful, informative and most of all supportive and I'm sure you will too, take care and please keep in touch, best wishes. :ghug:

Thanks for your welcome!

@mccindy

When I am very sick, I take probiotic (positive effects after 1 month), I eat liquid food like soup/juice fruit, and I do a fast diet during few day.

But the most important for me, works well in long term are:

-I remove gluten, cow milk and soy (I don't digest them well)
-I remove processed food, street food and fast food because there are no vitamins and too much sugar, salt and additive...
-I drink good water
-I eat good food (natural and fresh organic food). When I eat, I ask myself these questions " There are vitamins? It's good for my body?"

For exemple, this morning I ate organic figs, I drunk fresh juice fruit and I ate a little black chocolate (0.7oz).

Like a car, if you put the wrong oil, it doesn't work, it the same with our body.

-I try to eliminate the stress! It's a important component to take into account.

I hope this message will help you, if you have another question, you can tell me.

bienvenue aux forums :D j'espere que vous vous sentez mieux bientot, et vous aimez les nombreuses informations qu'on peut voir ici. :)

quand je me sens mauvais, j'essaye de manger une bouffee saine, plutot que manger le fast-food, comme vous. Franchement, c'est tellement enervant d'avoir besoin de manger sain tout le temps, mais si ca nous aide, il faut le faire.

~Blue

Thanks Zak! It always helps to find out what is working for other people. I can relate to the stress thing - the first few months of this year were very stressful for me and I think that is related to my current pain and flaring. The last few weeks have been much better but now I'm having difficulty getting things back under control. As far as my diet goes - I have not been able to eat any fresh vegetables or much fresh fruit, so I worry about missing those nutrients, but otherwise, I've been able to get most of what I need (I think). Your information will definitely be helpful!

Nice post Zak and welcome. I'm new here too, and everyone is so nice. I admire you for posting in a language that's a bit strange to you. Good job with that by the way!