• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone, im gonna be new to starting humira yayyyy

hi everyone, im gonna be new to starting humira yayyyy

hi everyone, i havent been on here for a few months since i have been in and out the hospital, and then i couldnt remember my password lol

well been on prednisone and 6mp for the past 7 months and i cant seem to get off of prednisone without flaring and ending up in the hospital, did another colonoscopy and im still only mild, nothings bad in there, i dont get why my body just dont seem to want to get better..

i feel like im taking pills to cover up other pills, for instance im on prednisone and been on it to long and it seems to be raising my blood pressure which i never ever had a problem with my blood pressure but now im on blood pressure meds till im off of prednisone... we tried the last attempted, last week to completely get off of prednisone and i flared over the week i give up.. so i told my doctor screw it yes im scared of humira but im gonna try this option, atleast ill be completely off of all those other medication im taking..

i have to weigh the side effects of the other pills against the side affect of humira, and from that im seeing 6mp has the same side effects as humira, and on top of that having to deal with the side effects of prednisone i dont think thats benificial for me..

so the doctor told me this week ask my regular doctor to give me a chest xray and ppd test and soon as that done come to him to start humira, good news is tommorrow i see my regular doctor so ill ask her to do this for me this week so by next week i can start humira..

my gi told me humira starts working 2 weeks after you get it im so happy, im tired of ending up in the hospital every month over flares. you would think with me being mild that i wouldnt be so bad, but pfft. im thinking maybe because my crohns is in the illeotitis <sp> maybe its hard for the medication to get there or something...

i have been reading this forum about people on humira and it scares me but because of the encouraging words im not as scared anymore, i guess we will see what happens.

Last edited: