• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone new to the site

Hi everyone. My name is Hinson i am 27 years old and i was diagnosed with crohn's i was 11. i have been on plenty of medications over the year (6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, and also on biological shots 2 a month). i had surgery in 2011 after being on just the biological shots removing my ileum due to a bad abscess ( i have that awesome scar now on my stomach). i choose to go back on 6mp because i felt it was the least harsh medication i had taken. i have been on that now for about 4years at 75mgs. i have been mostly symptom free now. i work out 4-5 times a week and eat healthy foods. i do not drink alcohol or cokes. i drink coffee daily and mostly water threw out the day. i find that quitting cokes and alcohol have been the most helpful thing for my crohns besides managing my stress better. i work on being very happy and having fun to keep my stress down. i stay very active for the most part. i would love to be 100% off all meds but idk if thats realistic. i have read about more "natural" methods of treating crohns like medical marijuana being one of the top uses for treating crohns. also i would like to hear about if yall think food effects crohns? anyways i hope to learn more about this disease here and i hope we all can help each other! thanks for reading

Welcome! It's great that you are in remission. I personally wouldn't reccomend going off al the meds but some people do and are okay. The risk being you flare and it can be really hard to get it under control when you are flaring bad. We have an MM sub forum as well as a diet and fitness one. I would reccomend you check those out of you are interested.

scottsma

Hello Hinson and welcome to the forum.I just wanted to say that I admire your positive attitude and cheerfulness.I'm sure it serves you well.Best wishes.