• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

HI everyone

Hi Pen. I am a man of few words. Became acutely ill at 17 and diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. Was in the hospital on and off for that whole year, subsuquently having a bowel resection. I was very well, asymptomatic and medication free till the age of 23. Had a bad flare up ultimately admitting me into the hospital again. At that point started on Remicade. Remicade saved my life and I've been on that ever since. I am now totally healthy and asymptomatic at the age of 33. No other meds. I lead the most normal, asymptomatic life now. I feel no side effects from the Remicade.

That's me.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Wow that is great! I was on remicade and ended up in ER on the 3rd infusion, and Humira stopped working even after weekly shots. I have had 2 resections but for the most part, I am not as bad as I was 20 years ago but recently had a nasty flare, happens a few times a year. Many people do amazing on Remicade, so glad it is working for you! Nice to hear a good story. :welcome: aboard. Even if you are a man of few words. You could be of great support on here. There is a Remicade thread around here too, you should take a peek ;)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Greg and welcome! I am so happy that Remicade has been working so well for you. I hope it continues to do so for many, many years!

Hi Jill. Thank you. I'm sorry you are still sick and confused. Have you tried Remicade? It's great stuff for most people. Unfortunately, you have to have multiple problems with crohn's and almost die before anyone will approve it...... Hope you're ok

Greg

Jessi

Welcome to the family, Greg. :) I'm glad you found us. Remicade has really done well for me, too. Prednisone and Asacol HD stopped a flare, but it wasn't until I started Remicade that my blood work finally normalized. I hope it keeps working for you! How's life in NY?

Hi Jessica. Thanks for being so welcoming. I'm happy to hear that Remicade has worked well for you also. Very cool. I've been in remission with crohn's now since 2003. Living as normal as anyone. (Knocking on wood now). lol. Anyway, NEW YORK is awesome! I love it here. Right now We're getting pounded with snow. I'm excited to start snowboarding this season. How's Utah? I hear yous get great snow out there and it's really awesome for snowboarding. Do you ski or snowboard? Talk soon.

-Greg Fabiano-

Jessi

Yes - we do get amazing snow here. Many would be so bold as to call it the greatest snow on earth. The Winter Olympics are a hit around here.

I personally have never skied or snowboarded, but my daughter of 13 is preparing for her first trip. She's really excited. I'm a little nervous that she'll come home in several pieces. It's mom's job to fret, right? She's a lot different than I am. I am no extreme sport athlete. I prefer running and hiking. She must get it from my husband. He's insane!! ;)

If you're an avid boarder, you ought to try out the Rockies. All my friends agree that it's worth a trip.

SWEEEEEEET. Thanks for the information. I'll definitely be taking a trip out that way to snowboard soon. I'm curious as to how the snow feels. Cause i'm told it's more powdery there. That's a good thing. Rockies it is! Take it easy.

Hello and welcome Greg!

So great to hear that your treatment has kept you well :)
Nice to have you with us. Hope the cold is treating you well! I know that unexpected snow fall was "fun" lol

Jessi

SWEEEEEEET. Thanks for the information. I'll definitely be taking a trip out that way to snowboard soon. I'm curious as to how the snow feels. Cause i'm told it's more powdery there. That's a good thing. Rockies it is! Take it easy.
Yeah! Lots of powder! Our snow is beautiful. :)

Hey Greg, love to say I'm doing great like you, but just left ER. I went there because I am really weak right now. Haven't felt this in a very long time. Kinda freaking out right now, trying to figure out what's going on.