• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone

Hi everyone
I've just been diagnosed with crohns after a very stressful 6 months.
The worst part is the flare ups as I get terrible pain and no matter what pain relief I take nothing works.
I've tried Tramadol and I'm now on 5ml of morphine every 6 hours but like I said its not working.
For the meds the last 6 weeks I've been on prednisolone and pentasa and all was well.I never felt better then I was weaned off the prednisolone and a week later I've just had another terrible flare up so I'm now back on the prednisolone.

Don't really know what to do next for pain relief so any help will be thankful.

I'm in the uk if that's any help.

I was given Oxycontin for the pain, it helped but made my head really fuzzy. The only meds that helped the cramps and didn't make me feel like a zombie was Flexeril. I'm in the US so the drug names might be different. Try modifying you diet to easily digestible foods, if you haven't already. Also drinking lots of water, or any fluid, at one time can increase the pain/cramping, try sipping it throughout the day.

Also, try to stay away from heavily processed foods that have preservatives and sodium. I find that store bought foods with minimal and truly natural ingredients make me less crampy/crappy.

Welcome to the forum Space-Cake Pirate:

Sorry you have the official Crohns diagnosis, but you are in good company. Outside of conventional medications, are you supplementing with probiotics or vitamins, specifically Vitamin D? Check out the Vitamin D Council website or check them out on FaceBook. When are you going back to see your doctor? Sorry you are in so much pain. I promise you, it will get better.

Lisa :welcome:

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Hay there and welcome to the forum. When I was first told I have crohns I didn't know what to do. I would say keep coming back here and learn as much as you can. The chatroom has been wondrful for me to learn stuff about crohns. I hope to see you there soon.

Keep your head up, things will get better.