• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone!

Long time Crohnny! I was diagnosed in 1976 with ulcerative colitis and received my ileostomy in 1981. In 1989 I had an internal BCIR pouch created and moved on thru life, pausing along the way for multiple bouts with pouchitis. I had a fistula repair and 2 valve repairs done & after 20 years with my BCIR I finally let it go and went back to my Brook 'outie'. That was 2010 and my Crohn's disease was confirmed-I had it along and it was never diagnosed properly. Now I have short bowel and am very prone to dehydration anytime that I have a flare or get a 'bug'. Of course, I've been through every drug therapy out there for symptoms over these last almost 40 yrs. I'm an avid practitioner of yoga and Tai Chi and a financial analyst for Energizer Holdings, so my days are very busy! I don't have the time or the patience to be sick so when I do I get pretty 'pissy'! :devil: I'm always interested in the latest Crohn's related research and being involved and helping anyone New to the 'family' of crohnnies. I've been very involved in bringing IBD, Crohn's & Colitis and related surgeries/people out of the closet-we need to be heard.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community :) Thank you for joining and sharing your story.

Out of curiosity, are you on any medications at present? And if so, which?

With your interest in research, have you heard about SSI from Qu Biologics?