• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone. I am 63 yrs old. I have had Crohns' Disease for 6 years. It took 2 years to diagnose so I guess that is 8 yrs in total. I know I am quite a lot older than many people here. In a sense That makes me lucky because I have not had so much pain for so long. I have not had to cope throughout school or college etc. However, I have had one Resection and hope to not need anymore. I was very lucky and had a wonderful medical team. My problem at the moment is mostly tiredness. Severe fatigue even. Also a certain amount of lower back pain. Some days it takes me all my time to get dressed but others, ( few and far between) I can cope like most people. In a sense so again I am lucky. I am still trying after all this time to find out what I can and can not eat and the list goes on for ever. Thank you all for reading and I hope I can offer some input to the group as well as receive plenty from all the rest of you.

Welcome to the forum. Are you in remission? Of course, fatigue can come from active disease but it can also be a symptom of vitamin deficiency. Vitamin deficiencies are common in CD especially with disease located in the small bowel. Having a vitamin panel ran wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hi CJY. Sending support from a fellow Northerner 😊 Fatigue is bloomin awful isn't it? Just each day as it comes but Clash is right about getting vitamins checked. How long has it been since your resection? I'm just waiting for my first in a few weeks after more than 20 years of symptoms, lol I feel lucky to have avoided it for this long. Look after yourself, and hope you can find things that work for you diet wise 😊