• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi Everyone

Hi,
I found your website about 2 months ago and have plucked up the courage to tell my story. I have always had stomach issues but the doctors have always said it was IBS, then 2 years ago I had severe vomiting and diarrhoea and the doctors thought it was food poisoning in the end they admitted me to hospital as I was going 35 times a day. After a 10 day stay they said they thought I had IBD (CRP over 370) and treated for this but couldn't confirm it. I saw the consultant who decided it probably wasn't and said gastroenteritis. At this time I was still having some symptoms and I was eventually put on sulfasalazine to see if it would alleviate my problems and had a colonoscopy which showed 2 granulomata in the large intestinal mucosa. They have now decided that I have crohns . Then about 3 weeks ago I started getting extremely tired , very bad stomach pains, distended tummy feeling sick, loss of concentration and dizziness. I had a blood test and my amylase results are very high so they have taken me off Sulfasalazine and I am having weekly blood tests. I have a consultants apt in 2 weeks time so will wait to see what they decide. Thanks for listening to my long story and for this fantastic website as it has really helped me and kept me sane . :smile:

scottsma

Hi and welcome.Please keep us updated after your appointment.We are all interested in everyones symptoms,diagnosis and treatments,and your story will be of help to other "lurkers".You'll get lots of support and advice from those going through the same problems.Feel better soon.