• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone!

Hey guys, my name is Daphne, I'm 18 years old and I've been diagnosed with indeterminate Colitis about 2 years ago. So far I've had 2 Prednisone treatments, the first was really bad for me but luckily the second one didn't cause too many problems for me. IBD has also caused me to get into a depression and with even though I had a lot of ups, there are still also a lot of downs. At my last check-up I was doing really well, but at the moment I'm scared that I have an inflammation. I also have a ton of other problems that were (partially) caused by IBD, but I'm staying strong and I have succes at my study. I find peace in reading, writing, travelling and tattoos. I'm currently on 4g Mesalamine and 75mg Azathioprine. I hope that I can find people who know what I'm going through, since almost everyone in my life doesn't understand me.

Last edited:
Hi, Daphne. You have found a great support group here.. I am glad you are able to find peace.. You said you were scared you were having an inflammation. Have you called your doctor?

scottsma

Hello Daphne and welcome.Have you discovered our "Young Adults" thread ?

There are many (far too many) children and young people with this awful disease.I'm sure you will find the thread helpful,but of course you are most welcome on any part of the forum.Best wishes.

Hi, Daphne. You have found a great support group here.. I am glad you are able to find peace.. You said you were scared you were having an inflammation. Have you called your doctor?
Thanks for your reply :)
I'm going to contact my doctor if I'm not feeling better by Wednesday. I also have IBS, and at the moment I have a lot of stress, so I want to be sure it's not IBS acting up.

Hello Daphne and welcome.Have you discovered our "Young Adults" thread ?

There are many (far too many) children and young people with this awful disease.I'm sure you will find the thread helpful,but of course you are most welcome on any part of the forum.Best wishes.
I have not seen that thread yet, but I will certainly go look at it! Thank you :)