• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi from SW Kansas

Hello everyone. My name is Rod. I am 59, and just been told I have Crohn's . As this progresses and I learn more I want to ask more about it. I was Hospitalized over the week of Thanksgiving, I don't even know where to start. With time I will feel more able to think of what to ask about. Till then it is nice to find this forum. Well wishes to everyone on this journey. Thanks. Rod in Kansas.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome
Crohn's is a very complicated disease, no one knows everything. But thats why this place is great! Someone somewhere has been through what you have and can offer advice and share their knowledge. Hope to here from you soon!

Rod,
Welcome to the forum. I turn 59 in July so I wanted you to know you are not alone in your age group. I was 57 when diagnosed. It is a journey that will require patience on your part as well as your family's. Each of us with CD and UC experience different symptoms but in this forum, we all have each other to learn from and sometimes lean on.
Best of luck. :ghug:

Thanks, as of now all I know is I have crohn's in my small intestine. I am presently on Prednisone, my Dr. says at the end of my next refill he will start my meds. I am trying to digest as much info as I can. Again, Thank you. Rod

Hello, Sorry about not updating in a while. I just got my medicine today. I have been prescribed ASACOL HD DR 800MG twice a day. I am not very good on a computer yet so everything is a learning experience. Please be patient with me. I have a lot to digest if you know what I mean. I live in a small town in SW Kansas about 15 miles from Colorado and about 70 miles from Oklahoma so in other words I'm right in the middle of nowhere and directly under Fly Over Country. I have to go 50 miles to my local Walmart. But its nice and quiet. about my only hobbies are Hunting and Fishing. I and my buddies like going out to our family farm and shooting whenever we can. Which is not nearly often enough, but Winter is almost over. I hope. I am looking forward to understanding exactly what is going on inside of me. As of now I know little. Thanks, Rod