• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi :) I am.... sick of panic attacks

Hey everyone. I am Mora, 18 years old, college student. Do I have Crohn's? I don't know but I had problems pooping, for sure. Usually I'd suggest readers to grab some popcorn while i rant about how my life became so miserable but - you get the idea, because this is going to get "graphic".

So, here goes.

I started notice a change in my pooping pattern when I was 15 years old. around that year (2009) was the last time I ever remembered pooping solid stool. I've been having mushy/watery (sometimes bloody) stool ever since then. I started to not being able to strain my poo out. Some times I can't feel the stool moving in my bowels but when I do, I will have a hard time expelling it. As if whatever muscle that was controlling the tip of the butt hole was having an issue to relax. :I I can say it felt like it was "reluctant". I don't know - is it psychology or something?

I have to sit for at least half an hour every morning (VERY EARLY in the morning before my housemates wake up because I am ashamed of having to stay in the toilet for so long) and wait for the butt hole to relax. Straining doesn't help, but waiting and relaxing for a long, long, ... long time does. Which lead to my habit of waiting for an "emergency" call from mother nature before I decide to make a trip to the toilet. Only in such situation will I not have to wait. which, lead to me giving up trying to poop.

I result into waiting for mother nature to kick in, and stop trying when reluctant butt hole starting to introduce itself. Which, i think, lead to another situation where the urge to poop accumulates over time to mother nature calling at least five times a day.

Then, I changed my pooping method. Instead of sitting, I do crouching. We have those crouching toilets in my country and I must say, It is easier for me to pass stools in the position. When I sit, if I strain too much, i feel like the bowel tracks is blocked completely. When I crouch, the stool will moving but since it's watery, it wont move further pass the butt hole for some reason.

There are a couple of times I get frustrated that I strained like crazy but ended with bloody stool.

I ate mostly solid stuff. I try to eat more veges and I eat a lot of fruits. But it doesn't make much difference.

This has made my life seriously miserable. I get panic attacks whenever my family/ college/ whatever announces trips (especially camping trips).
Should I get diagnosed? Or should I try harder? I'm not sure if it's psychological, physiological or lack of bowel training. ._.

Angrybird

Hello Mora and welcome to the forum :)

I would say you definetly need to go to your doc and have this checked out, you shouldn't be going through is and bloody, watery stools is certainly not normal. Do you get any pain or other symptoms along with this?

AB
xx

Hello Mora and welcome to the forum :)

I would say you definetly need to go to your doc and have this checked out, you shouldn't be going through is and bloody, watery stools is certainly not normal. Do you get any pain or other symptoms along with this?

AB
xx
Aside from bloating feeling, no. I'm not sure if I have experienced any pain, tho.
but my right eye tend to hurt sometimes. the pain is very little but the feeling is more to pressure. my mum said that your eyes can picture your bowel health. Is it true?

Yes, sphincter I think.

hemorrhoids? It depends. What does blood from hemorrhoids look like? Because there's this one time, i poop blood with mushy stool, but the blood is in big amount and came out flowing separately from the stool. And does hemorrhoids make you inner Sphincter feels warm? Or is the feeling normal when you defecate too long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid

Follow this link, if you are bleeding from Hemorrhoids you are straining yourself too much trying to have a bowel movement. Having loose stools is one thing but you have to find the reason for the blood. Are you seeing a doctor? Have you told your parents whats been going on?

No, I haven't seen a doctor because I'm afraid if I'm simply paranoid ... yes, I have told my parents but they don't think it's serious because in my family, intestinal problems are common and my mum thinks I have simply eaten too much spicy things.

Chronic blood loss can lead to anemia and a host of other problems. Please get checked out before you have more serious issues to contend with.

Hi it's me again. :( How i am right now is that some days it's good while others bad and i do have worst days. Currently, it's been horrible.

Are red eyes and pale face a sign of anything bad? I notice i get red eyes when i hold from going to the toilet.

Angrybird

Have you been to see the the doc? How often are you holding going to the toilet? Red eyes and a pale face could indicate the strain your body is going through if things are not right.

Hi it's me again. :( How i am right now is that some days it's good while others bad and i do have worst days. Currently, it's been horrible.

Are red eyes and pale face a sign of anything bad? I notice i get red eyes when i hold from going to the toilet.
Pale skin could be a sign of anemia from blood loss for sure. Please don't ignore it. Before I was diagnosed I was told by a doctor that blood in my stool was probably hemarroids and that I shouldn't worry. Well, when I was finally admitted to hospital I was very ill, tachychardic from anemia and needed two blood transfusions and iron injections for a year because of it. That was 8 months after I first noticed blood. Take is seriously, anemia is not a joke and neither is IBD untreated. Good luck!

nativesith

GTA ModLeader Psx-Scene
I went through the same stitch, bleeding , could na poo, lost weight pain...IDK what was happening at the time. Movement is of the utmost importance. I found Lax a Day works well for me, every other laxative made me bleed. I take that and something for the pain. I ave been in a flare up for years and I am tired of trying to tuff this out.
I was getting mad panic attacks , like I was going to die. Heart and chest pounding, pain,racing thoughts. It was always at college. I started having em right after a presentation I did with Microsoft word. Then t started to happen when I would walk in the college, soon it was walking out my door. I feel I can na leave my house.
Get that checked you might ave hemmeroids. I did...it was making everything worse, bleeding anemia,I really almost lost my life over the holidays form losing too much blood.
Dec I was 228. By jan I was 180. It is serious, go to the doctor NOW.
When you use the toilet and ya notice pain when ya push ...put some vasaline on it. When I go ..I do na just push and push. Wait for it...be patient. Lax a day is really helping me now. I fell I can na live with out it.
Every other would na work and make me bleed. I ave na seen blood for a while now.
Also go on a low reside diet. Do gluten free yogurt, ENSURE, Broth, White Rice,White bread,Mashed Potatoes, etc.

Last edited:
Have you been to see the the doc? How often are you holding going to the toilet? Red eyes and a pale face could indicate the strain your body is going through if things are not right.
I'm scared of going to the doctor. . . More like embarassed to. I am ashamed of this problem. My mum thinks it's all in my head. I want it to be just in my head, but if I do that, I'll end up in the toilet for hours. I usually hold it after when I feel the need to go, but when I do no poo comes out, or little comes out in a long period of time - which is everyday. I usually spend an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Any urge to go after that, I hold if I can.

I went through the same stitch, bleeding , could na poo, lost weight pain...IDK what was happening at the time. Movement is of the utmost importance. I found Lax a Day works well for me, every other laxative made me bleed. I take that and something for the pain. I ave been in a flare up for years and I am tired of trying to tuff this out.
I was getting mad panic attacks , like I was going to die. Heart and chest pounding, pain,racing thoughts. It was always at college. I started having em right after a presentation I did with Microsoft word. Then t started to happen when I would walk in the college, soon it was walking out my door. I feel I can na leave my house.
Get that checked you might ave hemmeroids. I did...it was making everything worse, bleeding anemia,I really almost lost my life over the holidays form losing too much blood.
Dec I was 228. By jan I was 180. It is serious, go to the doctor NOW.
When you use the toilet and ya notice pain when ya push ...put some vasaline on it. When I go ..I do na just push and push. Wait for it...be patient. Lax a day is really helping me now. I fell I can na live with out it.
Every other would na work and make me bleed. I ave na seen blood for a while now.
Also go on a low reside diet. Do gluten free yogurt, ENSURE, Broth, White Rice,White bread,Mashed Potatoes, etc.
I'm already loosing my life. <:I I refrain from acting in my theater club, or joining events, or go on a trip hosted by my college, or any trips for that matter because it's hard having to take toilet trip(s) many times a day, and each toilet trip last for at least 20 minutes with little to no poo expelled....when i get frustrated I hold the urges... and it makes me feel sick.

More like embarassed to. I am ashamed of this problem. My mum thinks it's all in my head..
Don't be ashamed there's nothing you did. And DR's have seen and heard everything.
No offence to you but i don't understand how some parents can turn a blind eye to these problems.

When my daughter first got sick i was at the DR's every second day...some of the DR's thought i was going crazy going back all the time because they couldn't find anything wrong.... but i knew my child was sick and i wasn't giving up till the problem was found.

I sure hope your mum starts believing you.

Take care

Angrybird

Please do not be embarrassed, as mentioned the docs have seen and heard everything before and you really need to have this checked out. It is a shame your mum can not be supportive but due to your age you can go to the doc without her having to go with you if it helps to see the doc without worrying that she is going to be somehow annoyed about it.

I have to agree with the others it sounds like sphincter. The testing for it isnt as bad as it sounds and only takes about 15min. Suggesting to request this testing.
Don't be ashamed of anything. We are unable to control some of the things our bodies decide to throw at us and people either understand this and stand by you ar you move on and surround yourself with the possotive people.

nativesith

GTA ModLeader Psx-Scene
I know how you feel...I can na do much now. I ave na worked in soo long. Just walking outside seems like the biggest hurdle. I had bad hemmeriods when I got my Scope.
They said they was two hemmeroids the size of my thumb. They were blocking and making it harder. Those are taken care of the bleeding now. Now I feel the pain of Crohns.
You really have to think aboot what you out in your stomach. More than EVER, you are what you eat.
You can na eat normal food like everyone else does, I know that is the hardest thing (being a native man who loved meat).
You need a colonscopy BAD and NOW!.
You can na be ashamed, you must get past that. Almost every time I see the doc now, I whip out my butt lol. I'll be like this "Check this out Doc!" Lol.
But seriously it could be life threatening, please get help now.