• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I'm Kay and new to this forum

Hello everyone,

I've been watching this forum for a while and finally decided to join :)

I'm 23 and was diagnosed with Crohn's disease back in October 2012 after having lots of problems with pain and diarrhea. Originally they tried to pass it off as IBS, but I had an idea it was crohns as my dad also has it.

I've had a few 'flares' since diagnosis - one was bad over the summer and I'm currently in the worst one I've ever had. I miscarried a month ago and I think the emotional stress triggered everything off.

My main symptoms when flaring are diarrhea with some blood, pains and extreme tiredness.

I work in a preschool and do my best to work hard, but I have had a lot of time off sick due to crohns.

Hi Kay & welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear you are in a flare & most especially about your miscarriage. Just take it one day at a time and consider changing your treatment plan of your current plan is not providing you with any relief. What medications and/or supplements are you currently taking? Listen to your body and if you are tired when you get home from work, rest and, remember, better days are ahead!