• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I'm Laura, nice to meet you!

Hi everyone,

My name is Laura and I have UC. When I was 19 years old I developed C.diff after taking Augmentin for a sinus infection. It was resistant to treatment and took about 5 rounds before I finally tested negative, but my stomach never went back to normal. After talking to multiple doctors over the next 4 years who all said I just had IBS and to change my diet, I knew there was something more wrong. It became even more apparent when I began loosing a lot of weight, and was always tired and dehydrated. I decided to make the move to a new GI doctor for a second opinion. At this point, no one knew how sick I really was. Once I had another scope done with this new doctor, she found that i had moderately active UC throughout my entire colon. She started me on treatment right away and I felt like a new person! I reached remission and I never looked back! However, I have my good days and bad just like everyone. Currently I feel like I may be starting to flare, so I am keeping an eye on things and if they continue I will be calling my GI to follow up and see what I can try next. I currently take Asacol HD 1600mg daily as well as Align probiotics.

I have been browsing around on crohnsforum for quite a few months now and decided I should finally join and become a part of the group. I have learned how helpful and comforting it is to communicate with others dealing with the same disease. I recently went on a trip to Israel with a group that all had IBD and it was an amazing experience! It was the first time I had been with others with these diseases and it was so cool how we could all relate and support each other. It was through this group that I learned the value of getting involved with the CCFA and I am now beginning my first season of training with Team Challenge for Vegas in November!

Thanks for your interest in my story, and I'll see you around here soon! :)

I was about to say that we are thrilled to have you join us, Laura, but heck, we'd much rather it was not due to this darned disease!
I am, however, happy that you are sharing your story with us, and I wish you continued good health. Go Team Challenge for Vegas!! :dance:

Welcome, Laura. The folks here are all willing to help and share their experiences - good to have you here!