• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi im new here

Hi everyone. Im 38 & have had CD UC and IBS, Diverticulitis and a perianal fistula. Found out at the age of 17 after my daughter was born. Im so glad i found a support group that understands what ive been going thru. Christmas dinner ws awesome but boy am i paying for it now!!:sign0144:

meds. Remicade
Bentyl
Lomotil
Prednisone
Lasix
pottasium pills

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear your Christmas dinner isn't agreeing with you :(

Are you currently on Remicade and Prednisone or are those a list of medications you've utilized in the past?

I wish you well.

Hi everyone. Im 38 & have had CD UC and IBS, Diverticulitis and a perianal fistula. Found out at the age of 17 after my daughter was born. Im so glad i found a support group that understands what ive been going thru. Christmas dinner ws awesome but boy am i paying for it now!!:sign0144:

meds. Remicade
Bentyl
Lomotil
Prednisone

Bit off Topic, but I have a question. I just received a prescription for Lomotil. I have Crohn's (newly diagnosed though sick for last 20 yrs). I've yet to try the drug and honestly wouldn't mind if I never pop the lid on the bottle. However, how well does it help if you are having bouts of Diarrhea or in the midst of a flare?

:(currently on the meds listed. I have an Anal Fistula, cant hold urine or bowels at all. Im ashamed to say im 38 & have to wear adult diapers Awaiting Surgery

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome! There are many like you here on the forum. We have a section for surgery that you can take a look at. It's got all kinds of info on there. Plus, our support section is wonderful too. I hope to see you around on here! :hug:

I deal with Ulcerative colitis , 15 years ago was pretty much bed ridden with it for three months. Took a year to get over it. Now once and a while get a small flare up.
I learned that if I took slippery elm and Pau-D-Arco, both you can get in health food store, and took eight to ten pills a day. Two with each meal and before bedtime and cut out all soda pop and orange juice and acid drinks and no iceberg lettuces, and take one Imodium a day , that I can keep it at bay when I feel a flare coming on.
There was alot more vitamins I took also but slippery elm and pau-D-Arco were the most important ones I think.
I Feel for anyone going through this.

David

Co-Founder
That's rough, I'm so sorry :( When is your surgery scheduled for?

And you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have a terrible disease with complications. But NOTHING to feel shame over.

*hugs*