• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi I'm New

Hello all, been unmedicated since my ileostomy in 09 but a few weeks ago developed pyoderma gangrenosum:frown: so i've been online researching things. My new GI made me aware that i will be starting on Cimzia and I'm very nervous. I've been on just about every med out there until my surgery. Remicade, humira, 6mp, pentasa, asacol, entocort, flagyl, prednisone, etc.

It sucks to be "sick" again. Although had i never gotten the PG i probably would have never gone back to the doctor. Anywho, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree that it sucks to be sick! Here's to hoping the Cimzia is the magic bullet. Glad you're here. :)

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

How is the tum side of things currently? I take it things had been settled and this is why you were not on any meds? Have your vitamin levels been checked at all? It is worth having a look at our Extra Intestinal Manifestations forum to have a chat with the folks here about the pyoderma gangrenosum, we also have a Cimzia sub forum under our treatment section that you may like to check out as well.

Wishing you all the best.

AB
xx

Hi Angry Bird.

Thank you for the welcome. I started methotrexate today, waiting on approval for the cimzia.

Honestly, I wasnt on meds due to my own actions. I was so excited to feel well and not go to doctors, take meds, and be hospitalized all the time, that I just stopped going to the doctor. It seemed to be working well until the pyoderma popped up a month ago. I guess I will never take that approach to crohns again. My new doc ran every possible test for this new line of treatment for me. All the regular stuff looked ok she said. The sed rates, cbc, and other crohns related stuff wasn't good which is why she says she wants to hit it hard with the cimzia and methotrexate