• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I'm new.

Hi all, I'm a 38 male living in Miami. 4 years ago I got an anal fissure, and then my GI gave me a colonoscopy and blood work as well. He said my blood work is very close to Crohns. He ordered me to take Metamucil every night indefinitely. The fissure went away and he asked me how I felt. I told him I feel good, and he told me to return if I have problems. No medication was given to me other than Metamucil indefinitely. The Metamucil took care of my diarrhea, and I have 1 good poop in the morning, follow by a soft poop. (So 2 poops daily)

4 years later (recently) my fissure returned from salmonella poisoning. He did another colonoscopy and blood again. Again my blood work came close to Crohns but not enough. He thinks I have Crohns. I'm confused and pending a capsule endoscopy. I'm also very scared. I have been feeling small pains around my abdomen and on my back also. Nothing that stops me from living my life, its just more worrisome than anything else.

Additional info: I had my gallbladder removed when I was 26 due to stones.
I've had diarrhea since I was 20 years old, but never made a big deal about it, since it was only 2-3 times a day.
To makes things worst, I'm also a picky eater trying to better my eating habits. I love peperoni pizza.

Now is when I'm starting to feel small pains around my abdomen. Could it be that after 18 years of Crohns (20 through 38), now is when I'm starting to feel the abdominal pains?

nogutsnoglory

When you say the doctor says the bloodwork is similar to crohn's what do you mean? People with crohn's may have certain biomarkers or elevated inflammatory signs via blood tests but not everyone does and those blood tests could also signal inflammation elsewhere in the body.

Thank you for your reply. That's what the doctor said to me... "You're blood work shows that you probably have Crohn's"

I'm not sure what to think of it.

If he can't figure out my small pains, I will probably get another GI opinion.

nogutsnoglory

They may just be making an educated guess based on blood markers and your symptoms. I wouldn't hesitate to see another GI if this one can't get to the bottom of what's going on.