• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi! I'm Rachel, and this is Bob--my irritable gut.

Hi there! As you can see form the title, "Bob" is not my name, but is the name I have half-jokingly given my gut. It's much more entertaining to say, "Bob is being cranky today," to my friends than it is to say, "My Crohn's is acting up." I like to mix awkward humor with my life.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's of the entire intstinal tract in June 2014 following 3 months of sever nausea, cardiac issues, eusophageal ulcers, extreme diarrhea and dyhaydration, and gallbladder removal (which was due to mis-diagnosis). I'm quite sure I've had Crohn's much longer than my diagnosis depicts--probably 10 years at last. It just takes a lot to knock me down to the point it did in 2014. Two years passed before I was able to resume full-time work and a semi-normal-ish life.

I spent the first of those two years on Remicade, which wound up causing me intense joint pain/inflammation among other problems. I am now on Imuran, but I place a huge emphasis for maintaining remmission on diet. Clean eating, probitotics, and food journaling are my best friends. (Papaya is my most recent food experament...and so far it's going well!)

I have viewed this forum many times as a guest since my diagnosis, and I am excited about being a part of it now!

Hi Rachel! Hey Bob!

Welcome to the forum that you wished you never had to join!

I'm CYY and I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 3 months, after being in a bad flare for 2 years, although I've been having symptoms of IBD since I was 5ish. So I probably had Crohn's for slightly more than 10 years too, so high five!

I found it cool that you have a name for your disobedient gut. Makes living with this disease so much more lighthearted. A little humour goes a long way! XD

I noticed that you're part of the education support groups too. If you feel that you need a young person to talk to, about school or whatever, feel free to drop me a message ^^

Stay strong!

Cheers,
CYY

Welcome! Clean eating and probiotics have been and continue to be big parts of my adventures with Crohn's as well. Glad it sounds like you're doing well these days!

All my issues are in one spot behind my bladder. For me it's mostly abscesses. My g/f decided to start call it Abby and turned into my bad g/f that get blamed for almost any of our problems.

We also joke about Abby a lot...
I'll spare you from the jokes...