• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi just found this forum!!

Hi, just found this forum! so wanted to say hi! i have been told i have had ibs for 5 years until i took out private medical insurance where obviously things have moved alot quicker! Had bloods and colonoscopy carried out last week and told yesterday i have IBD! shouldnt of been happy about it but after so many years of pain and embarressment i now have something that i can hopefully treat!

so now im having the capsule endoscopy to determin whether is UC or Crohn's. Little sis has just been diagnosed with UC and grandfather had Crohn's! So which one will i have!!? watch this space!! :ylol:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Have you been put on any meds yet or do you have to wait for the others test to be done? Biopsies taken during the colonoscopy should also help with confirming what you have, was this the first scope you have had to look into your tummy troubles? What symptoms have you been experiencing?

AB
xx

Hey! Well 5 years ago I had colonoscopy gastroscopy ct scan barium lol then they said nothing more they could do on NHS unfortunately so been suffering with pains etc since!

Symptoms lethargy, abdo pains which leave me curled in a ball on the floor, d+, v+ when it's really bad!

Blood done few years ago showed iron defiency which I had infusions for, under active thyroid (on 100mcg Sid). B12 defiency on inj every 3 months.

So luckily my better half got me private medical insurance through his work and everything has started from scratch!

Recent crp was high stool sample shows high levels of inflammation.

Got biopsy results and he says I have proctitis so was just prescribed asacol sopositries! But he wants to do the capsule to get the whole picture as there was too much inflammation in bloods and stool sample and doesn't match up with the relatively low amount of inflammation in the rectum.

Er I'm sue I'm just waffling so much info in my brain about this is hard to write it All down lol!

So got to do this capsule on the 13th with the dreaded bowel prep :S so hopefully we will know a bit more, but the doc has said he def does not think I have IBS which I have trying to tell doctors for years lol! Or period pains which one doctor thought I had!

Sorry for waffling!!

Angrybird

The capsule test is a good idea as this will check where the scope could not reach higher up in the GI tract, when will you next see your doc for the results?