• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi new here...

Hi, I have had Crohns disease now for 15 years, since the age of 13, in that time I have had 4 operations to remove my gut, have an ileostomy, get that reversed and so forth, my reason for coming on here is I need a bit of comfort :( ..... Sounds desperate right, I have been pain free for a fair number of years until about 5 months ago, its all gradually building back up to an intense sharp pain in my lower right bowel, I also have a very narrow stricture which I get scared about eventually closing up with more and more scar tissue from the crohns disease, My problem is im absolutely petrified of going into hospital and being off work!!! im scared to leave debt running when I cant work to pay it off, Im pretty much just trying to ignore this as much as I can so I can work work and work, Sad right!!! putting work before my health, Im currently taking tramadol, Humira and loperamide, ive noticed my bowel movements are increasing, I wish I could get all this to stop but I no this intense pain, its the same pain that led to an extremely big abscess all those years back which I left to an eventual 1 metre long abscess in my intestines that stuck and ripped wholes in multiple organs, the internal infection was so bad that apparently surgeons cleared theatre for a while to take a breath.
Anyway, that's the reason im here :(

Wow, seems like you've been through enough davey-boy. It's unfortunate that all the other problems follow with health, running costs etc but mate health comes first. Even if it's dramatic and hospital is involved, it's better to hurdle one obstacle than to run a whole track and leave problems to worsen.

Stick in mate and chin up.

Tesscorm

Staff member
I'm so sorry you've had such a tough road. But, I have to agree with above... you do need to deal with the issue before it becomes worse. :ghug: But, I understand how difficult it is to coordinate apptmts, etc. around work... wish I had some suggestion to help with it. :(

Do try to get in to see your doctor soon and I hope it'll be a relatively quick fix.

Dave, have you contacted your GI? I assume since you are taking Humira and Ioperamide that you have one? Let them know that your treatment is starting to fail so that you can make changes to your medication.

We all know what it's like to worry about Finances and job security, but if your health fails...

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. Have you informed your GI of what is happening?

I know you're worried about your job and financial security, but you do need to take care of yourself too. It's important that you try to take care of your health, or this could spiral and you could end up in a much worse position all around.

We are here for you if you need support, we'll always try our best to help you out and we'll try to answer any questions that you have.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.