• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi new to here

Hi all, I am new to here but not to crohn's. I was diagnosed 8 years ago with Ulcerative colitis after given birth to my second child. I was put on pentasa suppositories 1g and the granular, it worked for some time until I got another flare up. The dr then gave me steroids to take but they gave me a very bad reactions so had to come of. The next time I went to see the consultant he said I might have to have my lower bowls taken out. Well you can all imaging my shock and horror to that. When I got home I decided there must be other ways to keep this under control. And yes there is. I spend hours and days looking at what, how and why and came to the conclusion that I have to change my diet totalling around. I found ghat the scd diet and EIaine gothchill was what I needed, I started by making the scd yogurt whice has 800 billion good bacteria in it and came of all bread, pasta and rice and anything to high in wheat and gluten, I started to drink alot more water as I get very easy constipation whice is my tell sign for a flare up. Since being diagnosed I had only had 3 flare up whice is my own doing as I would have had things that j can't eat and not drinking enough water. I do have a bad lower back whice gets lot worse when I flare up. I am now self medicated and only use pentasa suppositories when flare up for a month. I see my consultant once a year now.:)