• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi. Newly diagnosed LC

Hi. I was just diagnosed with LC via a colonoscopy in April 2013 (onset of severe D in February). Unfortunately I had been on Cipro for a UTI then had the colon prep. I got C diff and was hospitalized 10 days last month. Dr told me the antibiotic then the prep cleaned out all my good gut bacteria and the C Diff took over. I'm on second round of Dificid now (day 7 of 10). The LC was bad enough, but the C Diff about killed me (literally). Pancolitis was seen per the CT scan while admitted. I am remaining hopeful, but today more pain, and low grade fever is here again (well, it sure beats the 104.3 I had before the admission). I am grateful the D is gone, and I could work all last week and this week:) I believe the cholestrymine is helping both the lc and cdiff. I am here to learn, and hopefully be a support as well (but like I said, I am a newbie). Thanks for this site.

Welcome to the forum catgirl.
I hope they get your c.diff and pain under control soon.

It sounds like you have a lot going on and I hope you have good support with you.

Is LC the same as UC?

Hope you find all the support and information you need.

Please keep us informed of how you are doing.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, catgirl!

Are you being treated for the LC? Have you treated the C.Diff and gotten it under control? You sure had to put up with a lot. :(

You might be interested in the Microscopic Colitis section of the forum, found here.

I hope things get better for you soon!

Is LC the same as UC?
Julie, LC is lymphocytic colitis, a form of microscopic colitis. :)