• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi there

Hi there,

I've just joined as I'm feeling a little bit alone in dealing with all the frustrations of this disease. I was diagnosed at the age of 16 in 2002 and was lucky enough to have gone for years without too many problems. Unfortunately in 2010, things started to cause problems again and I was put on Azathioprine and a short course of Prednisolone. That seemed to control things for a while but I am now back on Prednisolone and have been for six months.

You are young and it is a not easy disease has to live, unfortunately there will be periods harder than other one. But also of the peace and I wish you of beautiful meeting!

nogutsnoglory

It's a tough disease to manage but we are here to support you. You aren't alone. Has your doctor considered switching out Azathioprine for another drug like a biologic or adding that on?

It's a tough disease to manage but we are here to support you. You aren't alone. Has your doctor considered switching out Azathioprine for another drug like a biologic or adding that on?
He wants to do a colonoscopy and a capsule endoscopy before he'll change the meds but biologic treatment was one of the possible options he suggested they might use.

nogutsnoglory

The biologics are the top tier and most effective drugs. They are becoming increasingly common forms of treatment. Keep us posted.