• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi to all

Oops, forgot to introduce myself. Initials kh, age 75, retired teacher. Diagnosed Crohn's 14 years. I live near Seattle WA in the US. Hi, all.

Yes, am on budesonide and various supplements/minor meds like omeprazole. I think one "manages" Crohn's by gritting one's teeth and getting on with it. Thanks for asking. Am delighted to have discovered
this forum.

Cronekh

valleysangel92

Staff member
Welcome to the forum, how are you finding your current treatments, do you think they are working for you? how are your symptoms at the moment?

In terms of gritting your teeth, remember that if you are struggling its ok to say so, you don't need to suffer in silence, it's important that your GI is aware of your symptoms and knows if things aren't working.

That IS how I manage the Crohn's. Everyone is different and I usually choose to think about other interests and ignore the c***p as much as possible. I see from your medical profile that you have had to endure surgery related to the problem and I'm sorry to hear that.

Am very grateful for the work put out to establish this group. Nice to talk to others about something that's usually private.

valleysangel92

Staff member
I'm not criticizing you and I hope it didn't sound like that. Thankyou for your support, unfortunately surgery is something a lot of us are familiar with

You can talk about anything here, we all understand that it's not the easiest thing to deal with and I hope that you find all the support you need

I do hope that I can offer support to some, as well.

Thanks for your interest (I didn't think you were criticizing)...I know that my way of
dealing with bad stuff can be off-putting. I will try to behave myself on this forum <g>.

Sorry, I'm being slow to learn this board. Not sure my first reply went anywhere. Only said that euphemisms for "old" are not needed. It's a pleasure to meet you, too. kh

valleysangel92

Staff member
We have a support group for members who are over the age of 50 , I can't link to it at the moment but if you go onto 'general IBD discussion ' and scroll down a little, it's fairly close to the top , take a look and see if you'd like to be a part of it.