• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

hi.i am kaan.i am from turkey.i am a neurosurgeon.i am crohn patient 1 year.i have two attacs.i am afraid for this.i hope i am always in remision term.i pray all of us.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi kaan and :welcome:

I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis. :(

Would it be possible to tell us a little more about your Crohn’s?

Where is your disease located?

What treatments have you been on and what are you currently on?

I hope you are always in remission too! Good luck and welcome aboard.

Dusty. xxx

hi dusty.it's on terminal ileum.i used asacol 800 3x1 and budenofalk 3x1.now i use asacol 800 3x1 and budenofalk 1x1.there are mild abdominal pains today's.i am afraid of attack is coming soon :(((

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Kaan,

Sorry for the late reply. How are you doing?

How severe is your Crohn's? The 5ASA's are only meant for mild disease and whilst the Budesonide is a good choice it isn't as strong as prednisone.

Also with Crohn's in your terminal ileum I would question the use of Asacol. It is targeted for use in the large bowel so a better option for you would be Salofalk.

Dusty. xxx