• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Hi my name is Chris I am a 33 year old male who has had symptoms on and off for about 9 years and it is only over the past year it has got worse and not gone into remission.
My symptoms are loose stools, pain in my lower right stomach also painful cramping in my stomach, belching, nausea, headaches, fatigue, my left eye always get sore no idea why, neck pain and can never lie down flat in bed.
Been to the doctors and they sent me to see a Gastroenterology consultant.
He told me the pain in my right side was a trapped nerve which i thought was odd but ok, he then sent me for a camera both ends and to have biopsy's done which i had done and hey all came back clear which is great but its not helping me get better. He then sends me for a ct scan and that also comes back clear and then tells me its just ibs and to take omperazoles which just give me bad headaches. This was 3 months ago an i am not getting any further help i feel very alone and i feel my symptoms are getting worse I really think it is crohns i am suffering from but i was told it was not as my tests were clear. I have seen a doctor recently about the nausea and he just gave me tablets with lactose in which he knew i could not take as i am lactose intolerant. I am alone in this fight it feels like they think i have ibs just deal with it.
Has any one else been in this situation and any help or advice would be great thanks.

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome Chris

Have you checked out the undiagnosed support group?Give it a visit if you have not done so.You definitely are not alone,it feels that way at times,but you are not.I find everyone here in the Forum to be very helpful and supportive.We are all a little different with what we are going through...so there is a lot of perspective and experience.

I hope you find some answers and relief.

Dave

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello there

I'm sorry I've only now seen your post.

As said above, take a look at the undiagnosed section in the support forum, I think they could really help you.

The issue with scopes is that they can only reach so far. Even with a camera at both ends, some of the digestive tract will still be left unseen. This could be over come by an MRI scan which can be better at picking up the organs than CT scans are in some cases.

Alternatively, there is another camera test which might help you. It's called a capsule endoscopy and it involves a tiny camera in a 'pill ' which has its own small power source and light. It transmits images to a receiver worn on a belt around the waist. These can be useful because they can reach areas that scopes can't.

Please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Last edited:
I have to take Nausea medications - Zofran didn't help me at all - but has helped other people - I take Phenergan but you cannot drive/tiredness/can affect your ability to make decisions but if I didn't have it, I would not be eating or I would be getting sick. Have you asked your GI/Doc for a different nausea med without lactose? - although it is just a bandaid, if I didn't have it I would not be able to keep my weight still losing to stable.

Good luck!!