• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Hi all.

I've been around this forum for some time now and appreciate your stories and advices.

I have been diagnosed in my mid 20's and that has been quite a shock for me.
Unlike a lot of people here it started all of a sudden : some day I woke up sick, I was feeling nauseous and had bad cramps. Long story short, a month later, I was in the ER, having lost 12kg with bad fever feeling like, well, too tired too feel much in fact.
I was told something like "Hello there, have you heard about CD? Well, there's no cure, but we have some treatments and there's also surgery. But for now we will start with steroids and their nice side effects, have a good day sir."

No need to tell you that I had a bad time dealing with this.

In the first months, I tried to convince myself that it was a mistake, that the scope report just say that the lesions were "compatible with CD" and that the thickening that showed up on CT scan was just, well, something else.

But as the time passed, I met my new friends : urgency, mucus, weird poops, lots of poops, more urgency, and you know what follows.

I read a lot, here (thanks for that awesome forum by the way) and around and that helped me figure out some things.
I tried improving my diet too, and that helped me too.

So, that's my story.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing your story.

What medications are you on and how are they working for you?

All my best to you.