• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

HIDA tomorrow!

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
So I finally call to pre-register for the HIDA scan on 11/12. After going through all that crap, I ask the woman if there's any way I can check if someone cancels, so I can get in sooner, since I'm barely able to eat/keep anything down. She transfers me over to scheduling, and lo and behold, someone had just cancelled their appointment for tomorrow morning!!!!! That's right - this girl is going in for the scan at 8:30am tomorrow morning instead of waiting another 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

So apparently, all I have to do is not eat or drink after midnight. Like that's going to be hard...

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
That's great news....Don't you feel like you've won the lottery when that happens?....Now you just need to find a parking spot in the front row and your day will be extra special. Good luck:)

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Yo yo yo.....

Blah... went and got the scan done. After 2 hrs, gallbladder hadn't emptied like the nurse said it was going to. Had 180 scans taken and then she gave to the doctor, who said he had enough pics and I could go home. They said to call my GI next week for the results.

So all I know right now is that it wouldn't empty in that time frame.

Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santos61198 said:
Yo yo yo.....

Blah... went and got the scan done. After 2 hrs, gallbladder hadn't emptied like the nurse said it was going to. Had 180 scans taken and then she gave to the doctor, who said he had enough pics and I could go home. They said to call my GI next week for the results.

So all I know right now is that it wouldn't empty in that time frame.

Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasn't blocked bile ducts a pretty common occurrence with crohn's? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere...

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Creepy Lurker said:
Wasn't blocked bile ducts a pretty common occurrence with crohn's? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere...
I'm not sure, but if you say it, I'm sure you guys know a lot more than I do about this stuff, esp being a Crohnie in general. I've been diagnosed and undiagnosed 3 times.... I still don't know if I have C or UC at this point.

So blocked bile ducts could be a cause of it not emptying... hmmm...

Thanks for the info, Creepy!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Santos61198 said:
My gallbladder is so dumb. In 2 hours, it hadn't drained one bit. Is that bad?
Stupid gallbladder!!!! Did you google "Gallbladder not emptying" to see what that means? Check it out.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Santos61198 said:
I did.... Josh did as well at work.... the info is kind of confusing as I'm not getting a straight answer.
It sounds like the only treatment is removal...but, IDK for sure. When do you talk to your GI?

farm

Captain Insaneo
Well while I was working for you and looking at the gallbladder surgery, it seems if you have it taken out you will be just fine Ris. So don't worry about the surgery part of it. My brother told me he wished he had his taken out long before he actually did.

So call him early Monday and be sure to report back!!

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
I thought it was a gall bladdah.

Keep us posted, Ris. There are many folks who have it removed and feel so much better afterwards. Maybe that's the cure for your blahs and vomiting, etc. I certainly hope so.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
It IS gallbladdah, Fen. But sadly, you're the only one who understands :(

I'm hoping that they can figure this crap out and then maybe I can get back to the original problem of figuring out if I have C or UC and then get THAT on track and get treatment and get into remission!!!!!!

Whew!!!