• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hiding/Concealing an Accordion Surgical Drain

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way for me to hide my accordion drain so that it isn't noticeable when I go out? I'm planning on being discharged soon but they still want me to have the drain for four weeks. The drain is 500ml, I've attached a picture of it below. I was thinking of maybe using a laptop bag or cross-body bag to carry it around but the tube looks kind of awkward and I'm not sure if that's going to be allowed in stores and such. Does anyone have any advice? Should I even be considering going out with it?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
First, good luck! If you don't have to conceal the drain pouch on yourself, I think the laptop bag idea is a good one. No one should be asking why or what you have, unless maybe they have a store policy on bags...but once someone sees it is conceling a medical device I wouldn't think you'd have any issue.