• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

High Calorie Nutrition Options

I'm trying to find some high calorie nutritional supplements/replacements to help him gain weight. Looking for something without milk/milk proteins and that he will actually take that doesnt taste disgusting... for a 12 year old.

I'm off to collect some from the pharmacy today for ds. He's been prescribed Ensure Plus but I think these are milky ones. I will let you know if not. We are hoping these will give J a much needed boost! X

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
If you find one that works, but he can't drink it, you can always do the NG tube overnight or something like that... Sorry I don't know of the dairy free ones...

Ensure Plus is a milkshake style drink. J loves taste but after 4 days of 1 drink a day he appears to be rushing to the loo a lot! He was up at 5.30 this morning!!!! Think we will be needing an alternative too. :(