• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hit by a bus

I awoke this morning feeling like absolute crap

puffy eyes, blocked runny nose..... Great I got a friggan cold
reaching for my cold/flu tablets I had to stop.
Now I'm waiting for a phone call to see if I'm allowed to take these on my drug trial

I jus wanna die! Yuck!

Hate bein sick, so much to do, yet so much sleeping needed

if it's not bad enough us chronies need worry about one end leaking, get a cold an then both ends leak agggghhh!

I'm crawling back into bed
wake me wen there's a cure

hey rob - sorry you are feeling bad - hang in there as there is always hope and light at the end of this tunnel

All I can say is be careful with NyQuil and DayQuil. I made the mistake of taking the liquids which triggered my last flare up. It took going back up to 40mg of pred. to stop the constant diarrhea.

Outside temp 6c
inside temp 24c

yet I feel -10c
been told I'm allowed use the cold n flu tablets yay!

Crappy thing is my runny nose is bloody

Thanks

just went hav a nice hot bath....
But they've cut the water to my street til tommorrow
I mean seriously can it get much worse?

Don't answer that

how am I meant flush my loo now??

I'm goin back to bed

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Rob,

I hope you start feeling better soon and the water goes back on early!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Astra

Aw Rob!

poor you!
take good care of yourself, tuck up in bed!
sending get well soon wishes
xxxx

hey rob i know how you feel, i seem to have had flu or cold like symptoms for nearly a year, my missus finds it annoying cos i'm constantly blowing my nose and sniffling lol, nothing really seems to get rid of it, never mind, get well soon.

I don't like to take anythign for colds as it tends to upset my tummy so I go the natural route - breathe right strips, neti pot, vick's vaporub and lots and lots of rest and fluids.

Hey Rob

Hope you are feeling better when you wake up this morning. Here's hoping some of the tablets kicked in for you. How long is the water in your street off for? You could use water from the hot water cylinder, in a bucket to fill the cistern - unless of course you have a gas system...Take care :thumleft::bigwave:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Thanks

just went hav a nice hot bath....
But they've cut the water to my street til tommorrow
I mean seriously can it get much worse?

Don't answer that

how am I meant flush my loo now??

I'm goin back to bed
What's that about? Some kind of water rationing or are they working on the pipes somewhere?

Thanks guys

been in bed last few days
startin feel a bit better, just got no energy at all and it's so bloody cold

yea apparantly they were doin some pipe work somewhere
was back on half a day then off again for another half day
so far so good it's back on

hopefully I'll be well enough for Tuesday so I can get my next dose of vedo
well I'm back off to bed take care

Hey Marisa
yea I survived lol
was hell for a while but thankfully the cold passed
....... And the water was turned back on lol
still hav a bit of a sniffly nose but I'm up an about again atleast, that's the main thing :)

sucked not havin the energy to get out of bed

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Geez Rob we all just left you hangin'!! Up and about still sounds kind of puny!! I hope it's better than that or at least getting better!!