• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hives!

My last infusion was 2 weeks ago. On Saturday I started breaking out in hives, by today I was itchy all over and my neck and face turned red at one point but I had just taken Benadryl so it went away fairly quickly. The pharmacist said something like this could happen a week or two after the infusion, but I'm curious if anyone else has actually experienced this or should I suspect something else. The only other meds I am on are Entocort (tapering, down to 3mg per day) and BC.

My last infusion was 2 weeks ago. On Saturday I started breaking out in hives, by today I was itchy all over and my neck and face turned red at one point but I had just taken Benadryl so it went away fairly quickly. The pharmacist said something like this could happen a week or two after the infusion, but I'm curious if anyone else has actually experienced this or should I suspect something else. The only other meds I am on are Entocort (tapering, down to 3mg per day) and BC.
Hey alli. Had my third on the 26th. Same thing two days later broke out in hives, hands feet and butt. When I talked to my gi. She said its common reaction and will continue with remi with increased beny at the time of infusion and slow down the drip. Since my reaction was minor. Same thing taking beny otc helps some. Still have a couple spots that are itchy but not to bad. More than likely the reaction is to the remi. Hope this helps.

Hey alli, gald to hear your doing good. If you don't mind me asking, we seem to be in the same boat. What did your doc have to say about the hives reaction?

I actually forgot to mention the hives when I saw him. I meant to mention it, but then I had been waiting for 2 hours when I finally got in (and I had a scheduled appt).