• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hmmm confused😐

It does cause me to feel sick sometimes. Like meat. I always feel sick after barbecuing. But I'm not sure about it causing an actual inflammation.

Food doesn't really cause the problems in Crohn's, but food certainly can exacerbate any existing issues. If you have a stricture, certain foods can cause a blockage, and if you have existing inflammation, certain foods can cause it to feel worse.

I don't think food causes Crohn's per se. However, I know there are some food additives that do cause inflammation for me. One in particular is Carrageenan. I have talked with others who are sensitive to carrageenan, however I know other Crohn's patients who have no problem eating this additive.

The longer you have inflammation the more damage to the bowel
the bigger the chance of a stricture etc.

For me spices play a large roll in my CD.

Lauren